Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mischief,Mayhem...Books


Well--- long time no talk.
I apologize for falling off the face of the earth-
we'll call it a mid life crisis/creative meltdown(I'm calling it the "Terrible 32's")
I let a lot of things go- dead weight projects, poorly thought out ventures ect...
Regardless of all the slashing and burning of L.A. endeavors
my deep love for Nobody Reads In L.A.
would not allow me to cut it loose and let it go.

After a long winter off in Portland Oregon
( The Verdict: Yay Powells & Cycling .Boo Freezing Coldness and Ironic Haircuts)
I am finally ready to get this back in motion--
We are picking up where we left off and reading
"Fight Club" by Chuck Palahniuk

Yes indeed this months title goes out to emasculated,conflicted men reclaiming their identity and the bi-polar,suicidal,kleptomaniac women with really hot eyeliner that
love them.
So for those of you that read it --READ IT AGAIN!
For those of you that missed the boat- well now is the chance to hop on.

Tuesday April 8th we will meet in Echo Park
for not only a meeting but a SCREENING of the fine film...
As soon as I get everything in underwood ink -- I will be posting it.

***NEWS****

I am officially opening the Portland branch "Book Club" in March as well
(coming soon http://www.mischiefmayhembooks.com)
and to promote peace between Californians and Oregonians
we will be reading "Fight Club" in tandem with NRILA.


Copies of Fight Club are readily available at
any book store in L.A. or via Amazon-- NRILA has their own store!-
check us out in the sidebar
If you are curious pick up a few other titles my Mr.Palahniuk-
Survivor, Choke and Invisible Monsters please me greatly.

We thank you- Now Get Lit!-
Nico B and Erin L
your NRILA supermodels


***** ANNOUNCEMENT---ACCOMPLICES WANTED****
In addition to all the rest of the muckmuck
We are looking for a few good literates to join our "Accomplices Team"
to assist in promoting/organizing the meetings.
I will be there for every other meeting,
(though I LOVE the idea of flying down for a book club meeting-how sexy is that?)
However- for now I must be practical and
ensure the meeting happening no matter what I am up to.
If you are interested in helping organize L.A.s
finest book club please contact me via email @ info@nobodyreadsinla.com
or via tele @ 503.975.5854.

No comments: